Dental Crowns in Middlebury, IN
At Goshen Dentist, we're delighted to bring the excellence of dental crowns to Middlebury, IN! Our skilled dentist, Dr. Deana Fugate, DMD, is extending our top-notch dental services to your community. Although our physical location is not in Middlebury, IN, we're committed to delivering high-quality dental care to your doorstep. Goshen Dentist specializes in crafting dental crowns that not only restore teeth but also enhance your smile's beauty and functionality.
What Are Dental Crowns?
Dental crowns, also known as "caps," are custom-made prosthetic devices that cover a damaged or weakened tooth. They are designed to restore the tooth's shape, size, strength, and appearance.
Dental crowns are commonly used to:
- Protect a tooth weakened by decay or a large filling.
- Cover a tooth after root canal therapy.
- Restore a broken or chipped tooth.
- Improve the appearance of a discolored or misshapen tooth.
Benefits of Getting A Dental Crown
- Restored Functionality: Dental crowns enable you to bite and chew with confidence, especially when a tooth has been compromised.
- Enhanced Appearance: Crowns can greatly improve the aesthetics of a damaged or discolored tooth, blending seamlessly with your natural teeth.
- Protection: They provide a protective barrier to prevent further damage or decay to the underlying tooth structure.
- Longevity: With proper care, dental crowns can last for many years, offering a long-term solution to dental issues.
Signs Your Dental Crown Needs Attention
It's important to pay attention to your dental crown and seek professional assistance if you notice:
- Pain or discomfort around the crowned tooth.
- Sensitivity to hot or cold temperatures.
- Chips or cracks in the crown.
- A loose or dislodged crown.
- Changes in color or appearance of the crowned tooth.
Types of Dental Crowns Available in Middlebury, IN
Middlebury residents have access to various types of dental crowns, including:
- Porcelain Crowns: Known for their natural appearance and durability, porcelain crowns are suitable for front teeth and highly visible areas.
- Metal Crowns: These crowns are incredibly strong and are often used for molars, providing excellent durability.
- Porcelain-Fused-to-Metal (PFM) Crowns: Combining the strength of metal with the aesthetics of porcelain, PFM crowns are versatile and offer a natural look.
- All-Ceramic Crowns: These crowns are entirely metal-free, making them an excellent choice for individuals with metal allergies or sensitivities.
Alternative Treatments To Dental Crowns
In some cases, alternative treatments may be considered, such as veneers, dental bonding, or inlays/onlays. Your dentist will assess your specific needs and discuss the best treatment options with you.
The Process of Getting Dental Crowns in Middlebury, IN
The process of getting dental crowns typically involves the following steps:
- Consultation: Your dentist at Goshen Dentist will evaluate your dental health and discuss your options.
- Tooth Preparation: The tooth receiving the crown is prepared by removing any decay and reshaping it to accommodate the crown.
- Impressions: Impressions of your teeth are taken to create a custom-made crown that fits perfectly.
- Temporary Crown: While your permanent crown is being fabricated, you'll receive a temporary crown to protect the prepared tooth.
- Crown Placement: Once the permanent crown is ready, it's bonded securely to your prepared tooth.
Care And Maintenance of Your Dental Crowns
Maintaining your dental crown is essential for its longevity:
- Practice good oral hygiene with regular brushing and flossing.
- Avoid chewing on hard objects, ice, or non-food items.
- Schedule regular dental check-ups for professional cleanings and exams.
Cost And Financing Options in Middlebury, IN
The cost of dental crowns can vary depending on factors such as the type of crown and the complexity of the case. Goshen Dentist offers various financing options, and they can provide you with a personalized cost estimate during your consultation.
Frequently Asked Questions:
Dental crowns can last anywhere from 5 to 15 years or more with proper care.
Dental crowns cannot be whitened, so it's essential to consider teeth whitening before getting a crown.
Contact your dentist immediately. Do not attempt to reattach the crown yourself, as it can lead to further damage.
Risks and side effects are minimal but may include sensitivity or discomfort during the crown placement process.