Missing teeth can interfere with your health and quality of life. It can lead to difficulty chewing, speaking, or smiling. Goshen Dentist is pleased to offer dental implants, a safe and effective solution to restore your smile’s health, function, and appearance. Treat your smile to today’s gold standard for replacing missing teeth!
What Are Dental Implants?
Dental implants are titanium, screw-shaped posts that are placed in your jawbone to replace missing tooth roots. They integrate with your jawbone during the healing period, providing a secure foundation to support one or more replacement teeth. Dental implants offer a comfortable and long-term solution to restore your smile.
At Goshen Dentist, we offer single-tooth implants and implant-supported bridges. Dental crowns placed on implants offer a perfect solution if you are missing a single tooth. Implant-supported bridges, on the other hand, are ideal for replacing two or more adjacent teeth. They are attached to implants on either side of the gap, providing unmatched stability, function, and durability.
What Is the Dental Implant Restoration Procedure?
Dr. Fugate will work with your periodontist or oral surgeon, who will place the implant in your jawbone. During the healing period, the implant will fuse to your jawbone, providing a secure foundation for your implants.
After the area heals, which may take a few months, Dr. Fugate will complete the dental implant restoration process by creating a crown or bridge from digital impressions of your teeth. Your new replacement teeth will look, feel, and function like your natural teeth!
Who Is a Candidate for Dental Implants?
Here’s a look at what it takes to be a good candidate for dental implants:
- Sufficient bone density: You must have adequate bone density in the area to support your implant. If you have bone loss, you may require a bone grafting procedure to rebuild the bone in the area.
- Healthy Gums: It’s essential to have healthy gums to be eligible for implant dentistry. If you have gingivitis or periodontitis, we will work with you to stabilize your gum health before determining whether you can receive implants.
- No Tobacco Use: Smoking and tobacco products can interfere with healing and the success of your implant. We recommend quitting smoking to be eligible for dental implants and to protect your oral and overall health.
- Excellent Oral Hygiene: You must be willing to maintain excellent oral hygiene practices to ensure the success of your implant procedure. That involves daily brushing and flossing, as well as routine visits to your dentist.
What Are the Benefits of Dental Implants?
Dental implants offer numerous benefits, including the following:
- They behave like natural teeth: One of the most significant advantages of implants is that they are incredibly secure and stable and act like natural teeth. You will be able to eat your favorite foods without restriction, speak clearly, and smile with confidence once again.
- They prevent bone loss: When a tooth is lost, the jawbone in the area begins to deteriorate. Dental implants act like natural tooth roots, stimulating the bone in the area and preventing bone loss.
- They stabilize the adjacent teeth: Leaving a gap in your smile can result in the surrounding teeth moving out of position, leading to crooked teeth, problems with the bite, and TMJ pain. Implants preserve the space left by missing teeth, safeguarding your oral health.
- They prevent facial sagging: Tooth loss can result in facial sagging and premature aging. Dental implants support your facial structure and prevent bone loss, maintaining your youthful contours.
- They can last a lifetime: Dental implants provide an excellent long-term solution for replacing missing teeth. Unlike dental bridges that last an average of ten years, implants can last a lifetime with proper dental care.