Regardless of how well you care for your teeth, cavities can develop, and we at Goshen Dentist are here to help. We are pleased to offer tooth-colored fillings to restore your oral health and deliver a seamless smile. Our team is dedicated to using cutting-edge technology and the highest quality materials for long-term healthy smiles.
What Are Tooth-Colored Fillings?
Tooth-colored fillings continue to grow in popularity as an alternative to traditional silver amalgam fillings. They are made from a composite resin material that can be matched to the color of your natural teeth, delivering seamless results. Composite fillings are commonly used to repair cavities, chips, and other minor tooth damage. At Goshen Dentist, we also offer amalgam removal services, replacing old silver dental fillings with aesthetic white fillings made to match your smile.
What Is the Tooth-Colored Filling Procedure?
Dr. Fugate will numb the area using a local anesthetic for your comfort. She will remove any decayed or damaged portions of the tooth, clean the area, and place the composite filling material. A curing light will bond the filling to your natural tooth structure, providing a virtually impenetrable seal. The last step is polishing your new restoration and making any adjustments necessary. Your new tooth-colored filling will blend in seamlessly with your smile.
What Are the Benefits of Tooth-Colored Fillings?
- They provide a natural appearance: Composite fillings are made to match your natural tooth enamel, making them virtually unnoticeable when you smile.
- The procedure is quick and pain-free: The tooth-colored filling procedure is quick and pain-free with the help of local anesthetics.
- They are versatile restorations: White fillings can repair various dental problems, including cavities, chips, or minor tooth cracks.
- The bond to your tooth structure: Tooth-colored fillings provide a strong bond, creating a tight seal, preventing leakage, and fortifying your natural tooth structure.
- They preserve more tooth structure: Composite fillings require less removal of healthy tooth structure than amalgam fillings, making them a more conservative option.
- They are metal and mercury-free: Composites are mercury and metal-free, meaning you are less likely to suffer from allergies or adverse reactions.
- They do not contract and expand: Unlike metal fillings, composites do not react to temperature changes, lowering the risk of damage to your tooth structure.
- Long-Lasting: With proper care, tooth-colored fillings can last many years, providing a durable and reliable option for restoring your smile.
Do Tooth-Colored Fillings Require Special Care?
Tooth-colored fillings require the same care as your natural teeth. It’s important to brush your teeth with a fluoride toothpaste at least twice a day and floss daily to lower the risk of new decay. Avoid hard foods that can damage your restoration as well as your natural tooth enamel. If you grind your teeth at night or participate in contact sports, wearing a custom-fitted mouthguard will help protect your teeth and fillings.
One of the most important things you can do for your smile is to schedule routine dental checkups. Dr. Fugate and her team will monitor your oral health and your fillings to make sure your smile stays in tip-top shape. With proper care, your tooth-colored fillings will enhance your smile for many years to come.